Information applicable for Rabi 2019:
Source: WBCIS Telangana Rabi 2018-19 notification
- Mango crop is insured in all districts of Telangana under WBCIS.
- Insuring agency:
- Bajaj Allizanz – Mahabubnagar, Jogulamba, Vikarabad, Mahbubabad, Mancherial, Malkanjbiri
- Agriculture Insurance Company of India Limited in all other districts
- Total sum insured per tree:
- Age 5 to 15 years: Rs. 450
- Age 16 to 50 years: Rs. 800
- All loanee farmers who were sanctioned bank loans before December 15th, 2018 should have automatically been enrolled.
Details on conditions for insurance claims due to excess rainfall and windspeed
- Excess rainfall
- After 1st of March, if two days consecutive rainfall exceeds 70 mm, farmers with trees aged 5-15 years will be paid Rs. 10 per tree per mm of excess rainfall, up to a maximum of 100 rupees per tree. Farmers with trees aged 16-50 years will be paid Rs.18 per tree per mm of excess rainfall, up to a maximum of 175 rupees per tree.
- High Windspeed:
- From 1st of April to 30th of April, trees are insured in case of high windspeed (upward deviation of daily maximum windspeed), in excess of 35 KMPH
- Trees aged 5- 15 years: Payment is Rs. 11.25 per tree, with additional 1.5 rupee per KMPH over 35, up to a maximum of 33.75 rupees per tree
- Trees aged 16-20 years: Payment is Rs. 20.25 per tree, with additional 2.70 per KMPH over 35, up to a maximum of 60.75 rupees per tree
- Payment will be made only for a single event of maximum intensity – not for multiple events